Something tells me I am buying a spindle sander tomorrow

Chuck Melton

93892b330e6bd4c724a17939caa9daa5.jpg

I wanted to make some holiday presents for the guys that work for me. I originally intended to do something more in depth but our company party is in 3 days and time sort of got away from me.

I cut another 9 blanks so I might bust out another batch tomorrow after I get these sanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanding those without a spindle just sucks.

Been thinking about non-Christmas time applications of this form. A minor change in the head shape turns these into schnousers. Longer bodies make dachsunds, although the floppy ears have me stumped. Cows seem straightforward enough. Any other critters come to mind?

I already checked to make sure the Rigid was in stock at my local BORG.

I also broke my first bandsaw blade ever tonight... I should have let the 1/8" blade cool down a bit more.

Those reindeer are looking good!  I'm curious about what it was like to break a bandsaw blade.  It sounds a bit scary.  Does it stay contained within the machine and the cutting guides or does it flop out onto the table like a wild razor trying to cut your arm off?

Those reindeer are looking good!  I'm curious about what it was like to break a bandsaw blade.  It sounds a bit scary.  Does it stay contained within the machine and the cutting guides or does it flop out onto the table like a wild razor trying to cut your arm off?

It was really just a loud pop and then the blade stops moving. Everything stays in the machine. Have the blade slip off the wheel from not taking the time to align it correctly is much scarier. The band saw is one of the safest tools in the shop, I've really taken to using it for most of my initialy ripping (especially thick stock). Close calls with kickback on the table saw are far more common and a lot scarier.