Multifunction toy chest ( a la wood whisperer)

wouldwurker

I've got the original Kreg jig(20+years old) and the newer master jig. The biggest advantages are adjustability and the vac attachment.

Mine sits for weeks unused sometimes , but they do have their uses. Getting a fastner in a unseen place that is hard to clamp is my main use.

The cheapest version, a single block that you clamp in place , would be an inexpensive way to try it out. It's a little slower to use but still quite effective.

So for anybody building this. This might help.

Fitting at tiny 3/8 dowel into a 3/8 hole is a little tricky...

I found that setting up a little production line between my disc sander and bandsaw helped.

Chamfer both ends off a few pieces of dowel stock, then trim both ends at the bandsaw.

521f3a3f3af0821e425ea361b3412b71.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/21/189d7cfa33b04d360341fad757966881.jpg[/img

65f53ece87ef550c81095c51f2eb10e5.jpg

I can work all night but alas I have to go to work in the morning...my busy season.

The low angle block plane and the Veritas #80 were super useful flushing up joints. Kudos to whomever recommended them.

Nothing left but plug filling, whiteboard and chalkboard panel installation, a little cleanup, and we're ready for paint.

19d142bd72a61d9fd2e6b372edaade6a.jpg