My First Real Project...

AstroDave

• 1 month later...

We've all been there, Dave.  Anyone who says they don't experience woodworking burnout or apathy is either lying or has done a lot of crap work.  You gotta have that fire under ya or it's pointless.  Finding a new job was the priority anyway...you'll be back at it in no time.  The ebb and flow of life.  I'm in the ebb at the moment myself.  Whatcha gonna do?

• Like 1

Well I am back to work officially on Monday after a 2 month sabatical. Tbh I've been a lazy ass and done next to nothing in the shop other than organize.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear about the work situation. Lazy sets in from time to time. There are days where I want nothing more than to just lay down forget about the shop, forget about work, etc. Some days I putter around and ignore the remainder of the shop and just reorganize a drawer in my toolbox and call that progress. You'll be back at it soon enough, and next thing you know there will be another Roubo build thread. =)

• Like 1

Must be so frustrating for y'all...all that water and you can't use a drop of it.  Like having a shop full of tools and no wood.

Plus, you forgot about all those earthquakes which means pretty soon they'll be living in all that water..

Must be so frustrating for y'all...all that water and you can't use a drop of it. Like having a shop full of tools and no wood.

Ooh but haven't you heard, the government built a desalination plant. . 15 miles down the coast from the San Onofre nuclear reactor.

You know, the one that's leaking radioactive isotopes. .

I've been in Carlsbad California all week for training with the new job...can't beat this weather...05dd10d021a1177f91131de8144312a1.jpg

What a view! A bit of jealousy from a person who's sitting in a stuffy office in summer:)

I guess you'll be back more inspired and give us some good news from the shop.

• Like 1

Is that picture from tamarack beach?

I was stationed at pendleton for years. The location definitely does not suck..

Not sure Brendon...it was just due west of where I was staying off Palomar Rd..

• 2 weeks later...

Must be so frustrating for y'all...all that water and you can't use a drop of it.  Like having a shop full of tools and no wood.

I lived near the ocean in Nova scotia for years. The waters is great for swimming, fishing, boating, snorkeling, diving, etc. Lots to do! Plus its nice and cool near the ocean in the summer!