Giant Family Feud Board

wouldwurker

This one is a bit more 'crafty' than 'woodworky', but I'm not sure how I'd handle it without a table saw, shoulder plane, and a slew of other techniques and tools, so here we go:

6 foot by 3 foot Family Feud Game Board

I'm hosting a 3 day training session at work, and unleashing my inner game show host.

Drawing the curves...brads and a long piece of dental molding (it locks into the brads nicely. This took longer than I would have liked...ovals are tough.

d8a95673ff5d59016fe39044378e6184.jpg

Just a little spray paint to get a general outline. started....dumb move number one...sanding before painting, and not wiping off the dust before spray painting. (duh).

1ca8d8435474990d3275dc34dba29299.jpg

Oh yeah. I HATE mdf.

The answer panels will be held in with rabbeted cleats, so you can slide in and slide out.

90132acc79d267fa1a8618d52f47b926.jpg

aa7c6e7793710e5eff2c5ce7458e1b68.jpg

•Help Needed•

My original idea for a stand for the game board was simply 4 two-bys and 2 strap hinges, with a rotating locking bar for the front and back legs.

A ledge would be attached to the front two-bys to hold the mdf. Castors would be on the bottom for mobility. Everything would be knockdown ready.

Problem is, that puts the board at an angle, and I need it perpendicular to the floor.

Note: its 6 feet by 3.5 feet MDF.

Any ideas how to throw together a stand and keep the board at 90 degrees...without being front heavy?

Thanks all.

Couldn't you make the stand you envisioned and then add a flip-up spacer on a hinge that would pivot out and prop the upper part of the game board at 88* or so?

It could go on the back of the game board or put in a notch on each of the legs of the stand to pack flat.

5 coats of finish...god I love that HVLP...couldn't imagine all the drips I'd be dealing with if I brushed this on.

Turns out my 1970's globe lights won't be delivered until Monday...which sucks. That was supposed to be my weekend project.

Here's the board, painted, finished, and waiting for lights and a stand.

12" ruler on the bottom left for sense of scale.

05700df36914352651ed33a3cb5ad198.jpg

• Like 1