Jessem Router Table

Chet

I have been researching router tables and I think I am going to go with this one with the Porter Cable 7518.

http://www.jessemdirect.com/Mast_R_Lift_II_Complete_Router_Table_Package_p/09422.htm

But I thought I would post here to see if anyone has personal experience with this table setup.  I am also trying to find out if it is possible to put casters on the table or if there is a reasonI I shouldn't even think about puttting casters on.  I was also going to contact Jessem direct to get their take on the casters.

I have this table and love it.  I was going to put mine on casters until I found out the threaded holes were metric.  I didn't have any luck at the time finding casters with metric stems.  Future plans are to design an adapter plate that will attach to the metric thread and mount some bolt on casters.  Really durable unit.

Bill

I have it and don't love it.  If you weren't located in California I'd sell you mine for a deep discount :)  The lift is awesome, but I've been underwhelmed by the rest of it.  Fence adjustments are clumsy, the inserts don't sit flush with the lift surface (might just be a problem with mine I suppose), the table isn't as flat as I'd like.  

If I were doing it again I would buy the Incra one hands down.  

You can see a good discussion here:  

I made some comments in that thread that summarize what I think.  If I were you I'd copy what Eric did, and that's probably what I'll do when I get around to replacing mine.

Edit:

Here's a direct link to Eric's setup.  If I were doing it all over again I would do exactly this:

?p=182728

I have a Jessem and agree the fence leaves little to be desired. I have no other complaints really. My inserts are just fine, although magnetic inserts would be a bonus. I too would look at incra if I had to do it again. Or at least a Jessem table and lift with Incra fence.

Upon further review and after some discussion with Eric and the fact that it doesn't cost that much more... I am going with the Incra table and LS Super system.

Not sure if you considered the general 40-200c. It has a cast iron top and is another great option. I have it really love it. Lift is awesome and dust collection as well. Just another option....