Gaming Table - Hardware

Chris H

For anyone who swallowed hard at the price of the flat T-track T-bolts, and had an even harder time finding the right bit, here is what I found that is working great on my gaming table (so far)!

100 Bolts for ~$16 vs $1 per bolt from Rockler/Amazon

T-Slot Bit ~$14

I plan to use this combo of bolts and track for many other shop jigs in the future.  The track is surprisingly strong.  

IMG_1074.JPG

I can easily source 100 packs using Google, but still at a dollar a bolt. Why? Because I have not yet found the bolt without the blasted nut etc. Let me keep digging. 

EDIT: Brass plated at $.47 per at Black Swan. 

http://www.blackswanmfg.com/index.php/black-swan-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1348&category_id=12

Plated bolts only, $.33 per. 

http://www.chicagofaucetshoppe.com/Pasco_110_p/pasco-110.htm

Yeah, I am finding lots of bulk, bolt only suppliers in the $.60 range. Google is your friend if you want that option. 

Edited by C Shaffer
Adding a link.
  • Like 1

Find the perfect bolt, don't worry about the price.  I can't imagine anyone making enough attachments to for that to matter.  8 attachments?  10?  Even at 10, that's $20 worth of bolts which is an insignificant cost of this project.  

The 33 cent ones C Shaffer posted look good.

These are nice at 75 cents. http://www.woodcraft.com/product/130435/tbolts-1420-x-214.aspx

IMG_20151014_103041.jpg

Edited by BobInAustin
  • Like 1

I almost stopped posting links but had an exchange with Beechwood by PM. I thought for the cost the price is good, but minimum purchases of 100 count make that less appealing. He reminded me that what might be good for this build would also be very useful for some jig builds, so I went back and added some links. You may get stuck with 100 to get that price so if you don't intend to build jigs, you may want to find another table builder and split the bag. 

"Yes, the oblong washer head of a closet bolt would keep the bolt from spinning. "

The keyhole cutter cuts it so the bolt can't spin in the track. The flat head bolts are not necessary. I think the flat heads are meant for the actual metal T-Track. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Chris H

I think using hex head bolts (adjusting the slot size accordingly) as Chris originally mentioned is the easiest way to go if you don't want to cough up $$ for a 100 tee bolts. Putting it into perspective as the accessories are not holding much weight finger tight will suffice. It's not as if you are mounting a fence and cranking down on a wrench.

For alignment within the track it's just as difficult/easy aligning tee bolts to the track as hex bolts.

The benefit of using tee bolts is there is more area under the head so minimizing the inevitable effects of localized wear on the back of the track. They will be less likely to pull out of the track long term.

You may get stuck with 100 to get that price so if you don't intend to build jigs, you may want to find another table builder and split the bag. 

Carus, I agree,  for the price, it sounds well worth it.  I have ones and two twos a grip of these 1/4x20 bolts for all sorts of things.  I use them in my router table, at least half a dozen jigs, and always think about other things I need them for but I'm currently out. 

• 1 month later...