New Yankee Workshop Online videos

I sent a comment on Saturday and Tuesday. No reply yet. It says "We welcome your comments" but it doesn't say we read your comments. :lol:

I asked them if they would run Program #411 again for a week since virtually no one saw it. My guess is that the NYW read the comments and were able to see the video at their end, so assume that it’s a problem at our end.

Well, I told them that three out of four woodworkers could not view it, and gave some details about the browsers, OS, and geographical location. If they read it, hopefully it will give them a clue that it's not a local problem.

I never watched the series before, so I'm getting a kick out of starting from the beginning and watching the show evolve. The first few shows he went into detail on how to glue up boards to make a wider panel; now he just says, "Last night I glued up some boards for the back and sides..."

I never saw the first season before, so it was cool for me too. While the shop changed, the tools changed, and even Norm changed, the show still very much felt the same. Rolling for 20 years with the exact same format is pretty damn amazing! And Norm was as much "Norm" on day 1 as he was in the last season. Kinda neat.

They show one a week - it comes out on Friday. There's no way to see the previous episodes, so if you miss it the week it's on, you're out of luck.

A friend was asking how to make wide panels, and I started to recommend the NYW videos, but the early ones where Norm explained that are gone. Makes me appreciate TWW, where I can always go back to see early vids. And refer other people to them.

Another thing, the early shows were very definitely presented as weekend projects. I gather from comments that the later projects were more ambitious.

It didn't work with my firefox either. Had to watch from my I.E. :(

I still can't view it from my I.E.. What version of Internet Explorer are you using? Thanks.

As I mentioned above, they have a new notice on the NYW video page that reads "We are currently experiencing issues with our video provider. We apologize for an inconvenience this has caused our viewers, and we will be back online soon".