JDS multirouter find

jussi

My cl alert on my Ipad goes off for JDS multirouter that was just listed.  Like many I first saw it on David Marks show and was intrigued by it but just couldn't justify the cost.  I got reminded about it again when Marc bought his and posted some videos of it.  So when the alert popped up I was definitely excited.  But I already have both dominos so I really didn't need it.  But Marc made it look so cool in his videos and Marc said there were occasions when the multirouter would be the better tool.  Even though I don't think he ever gave me as clear of example of such a case :D  .  So that battle went on in my head for several minutes.  He was asking $1000 and the price, while very good, was enough to give me pause.  Meanwhile the tool addict in me is saying to text the guy now before someone buys it from under you.  So eventually I decide to text me a pretty low ball offer, thinking he'll decline and I can get on watching my favorite tv show.  After several minutes of not hearing anything I figure I was right and the offer was too low.  But another 20 minutes later I get a text saying they accept ?!?!?  Well crap, now I actually have to buy the thing and find a way to get it home.  After trying unsuccessfully to get a hold of my friend with a truck (the multirouter came with a stand and mobile base) I went down in my car in hopes I could remove it from it's base.  Checked it out and most of it is in great shape.  The only small hiccup is a worn out gas spring.  It doesn't affect the over functionallity but if you release the vertical lock the router and plate will fall so you just have to be weary of that.  By no means not a deal breaker.  I'll probably use it as is but will eventually replace it.  It came with a router and 1 template.  He said there are probably more, but he couldn't find them at the time and would call if he did.  It belonged to his grandfather and I guess he had no interest in woodworking.  He was able to dismantle everything and we managed to get everything (including the base and mobile base) in my car.  He had a few other woodworking tools but the only other thing I got was a bridge city protractor for $10.  After all that I got the multirouter home and my wallet is $600 lighter.  I know no pics, so here are few.  Sorry for the incredibly messy shop.

IMG_7909_zpspbkdmk7u.jpg

IMG_7908_zpsxvpqkgsk.jpg

IMG_7910_zpsf6uowqhs.jpg

IMG_7904_zpspbpdottv.jpg

22 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Do you guys offer intern or mentor opportunities for Craig's List shopping?

Yea I could use some lessons as well.  Any time I do a search for anything in the S.F. bay area in Northern Cal all that comes up is mostly crap and sometimes crapola.

Nice find Jussi.

46 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

Yea I could use some lessons as well.  Any time I do a search for anything in the S.F. bay area in Northern Cal all that comes up is mostly crap and sometimes crapola.

Nice find Jussi.

Try searching LA. We have crap or stolen decent. .

2 hours ago, Chet K. said:

Nice find Jussi.

Thanks.  Only suggestion would be to use a craigslist app. There are quite a few out there.  And respond ASAP whe you find a deal.