Hello From Everett Wa

MattF

I have been a member here for quite some time, but have never been active with posting, so I figured I would go ahead and do an introduction. I do read the forums, ALOT!

I am originally from Eastern North Carolina and grew up in woodworking shops. My dad and my grandfather are and were woodworkers. I have been piddling around with woodworking my whole but have just recently got to a point to set up my own shop, albeit a 2 car garage. Its not a large space, but its big enough to make work. 

My wife and I, along with our 4 year old son and two dogs, moved to Washington from San Diego a little over 3 years ago and absolutely love it here. Just recently bought a house in the Silver Lake area, just south of Everett Wa. 

Next projects for the shop are going to be a miter saw station and a new workbench. I may design them myself. I play a Manufacturing Engineer for my day job, so part of me feels no need to reinvent the wheel. The bench I have now will stay and be dedicated to an outfeed/ assembly table. Height may need to be adjusted when I upgrade my table saw. I have been given the go ahead to purchase a Sawstop sometime around the end of the year. I feel the Sawstop is my best option due to the fact my son shows alot of interest in woodworking right now.

Matt

HI Matt! Weird to say that given you've been here years longer than I have :) Greetings from a few miles south in Shoreline.

Enjoying the return of the rain?

I am looking forward to fall. This summer has been super busy for us and cant get anything done around the house. I just need a TV for the shop to watch football and NASCAR. Will need to figure out a heat solution for winter time. 

Is your shop finished (drywalled)? First task when I moved into my new place was insulating the garage. It's been worth every penny.

90% is. The last ~8ft that is closest to the garage door is just bare studs. This area of the wall is not shared with an interior wall so it wasn't finished. I plan on insulating that and the garage door. 

Matt 

Thanks All!

I will try to post some pics of the shop when I get a chance. Its a little messy right now. In the middle of a built-in of my wifes office. I guess I can do a running thread over in The Shop section and document as things progress.

9b32d7c3f5e2dd693cef1503e3cbc30e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have been called all different types of mats, in this case it works!

• Like 2