Jet Air Filtration System

Dknapp34

On 07/01/2017 at 11:22 AM, AstroDave said:

I have this exact unit as well.  Like others have said I run it while working and let it run after I am done. The filter definitely capture a ton of dust as I clean it often.  Some have argued that it just keeps the dust circulating in the air and that they only run it after they are done for the day.  I think placement might have an impact... I have mine placed near the ceiling on the long side of one of my walls... my amateur theory is that it creates a circular air pattern in the shop and thus captures dust more effectively.  It's likely I am completely bonkers as well :)

023 - bsxOE4c.jpg

I like how you hung yours. Mine's all crooked and such. I may have to rehang like yours. 

On 07/01/2017 at 7:57 PM, Dknapp34 said:

Based on what everyone has said, I think I'll pull the trigger. Even if the benefit is minimal, it's some additional peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you buy one from Woodcraft? Just noticed their Jet stuff just went on sale. If you already bought it call them and sell if they'll discount it to the sale price. 

I bought the Jet afs1000 a couple years back.   It's worth getting.

I had to mount it vertical on the wall as my overhead is covered in furnace ducts, but I set mine up to blow the air across my workbench.   It seems counter intuitive, but the goal is not to clean the room so much as to clean the air you are going to be breathing.

It also helps to kind of blow the dust into the corner where I can sweep/vacuum it up.