Plaques... Lots of plaques

Tom Cancelleri

How long per plaque to cut the design ? You should get set up for vacuum clamping ! Thanks for sharing !

Ultimately vacuum clamping is a shop goal. The CNC and Roubo are next to each other, that would be fantastic to have vacuum available.

Originally the cut was 11 minutes per plaque. Using a 1/32 carbide upcut bit but the lines being cut were getting filled with the cut material. I ran 2 passes at 11 minutes each and that cleaned out the lines. I then sanded the face. When they were done I cut all the key holes on the backs. Sanded, then broke the edges with a fastbreak from fast cap. Oil, stacked, dry. 19.75 hours of work for me. I let the CNC run while I did other things.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Now THAT looks like an ideal CNC application! Nice work, Tom. How is the X-Carve working out for you? The builder crowd on Youtube seems to have forgotten about them, made me wonder if they were falling apart or something.

Actually, it's working out really great. The new upgrades they released are fantastic, the z depth probe, stiffer x axis rail, better controller hardware. I cut some aluminum brackets to stiffen up the y axis rails. I think the problem most of the people who use them is, they aren't good with building the machine properly. It's a crowd of people who call an electrician to change switch plate covers. People who don't have the know how to properly write things.

My only complaint is the Z axis v wheels offer a bit of twist when making a heavy cut with a 1/4" bit. I thought about getting a linear bearing C beam.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2