Who has the delta T2 fence?

A_Vitale

I put this fence on a 25 year old Craftsman contractor saw, and have found it to be a very good fence for the price. I bought it this past summer for around $150, and it is definitely worth the investment. Yes it is possible to make the fence flex, but I have found it takes a lot of force to do so, a lot more than what is typically being put on it in normal use. I find the rule to be very precise and easily set up for repeatability, and the fence glides across the rails very smoothly.

It should bolt up directly to your Delta with no problem. For my Craftsman, I did have to drill new holes in the saw to get it to fit.

I never tried the Delta T2.

I have the Delta Unifence on my SawStop. For me, there's no better fence. But a lot of folks don't like the Uni because it is a little different than the traditional box shaped fence.

2 reasons I love the UniFence:

1 - Super fast to tune, if it needs it.

2 - You can quickly pull the fence back and lock it so that it is set up for a cross cut, yet it is impossible to pinch material between the blade and the fence. i.e. NO KICK-Back!

You may want to consider it.

Good luck with your choice.

Chet

chet, this is no knock on you at all i just want A_Vitale to know that one of the main reasons ppl dont like the unifence is that it is much harder to make jigs that fit the over unifence. not impossible, just more of a challenge. the traditional T-fence with its rectangular tubing makes making jigs a breeze. i'm sure the Unifence is a great fence, just throwing my 2 cents in

chet, this is no knock on you at all i just want A_Vitale to know that one of the main reasons ppl dont like the unifence is that it is much harder to make jigs that fit the over unifence. not impossible, just more of a challenge. the traditional T-fence with its rectangular tubing makes making jigs a breeze. i'm sure the Unifence is a great fence, just throwing my 2 cents in

No sweat.

Of course I'm aware of the Unifence's limitations as far as building jigs. A couple years back Fine Woodworking ran an article about building jigs for the Uni and I've kept that issue as a sort of bible for Uni-jigs. Like you say, it can be done. Actually once in a while its actually easier than it's square fence brothers. It's just a little different. For what I do, the Uni makes up for that little challenge in so many other ways. For example, if you run a lot of large sheet goods the Uni-fence earns its keep.

You may be right, however, that for somebody who builds a lot of fence jigs or for a beginner it might now be the best choice. Like anything else, the question is "how do you plan to use it, and what are you going to build?"

Don't worry about offending me. Your opinion is correct. I like to believe we live in a world where square fence people and Uni-fence people can live together in harmony.

A couple years back Fine Woodworking ran an article about building jigs for the Uni and I've kept that issue as a sort of bible for Uni-jigs.

I have an Inca saw with a fence that's similar (I think) to the Unifence. I would love to see that article. Can you post what issue it was in (or the title) so I can look it up?

Thanks.

-- Russ

IIRC, the TS350 has a shorter table than a standard full size saw....22"d vs 27", but I did read about someone who successfully installed a T2 on a similar TS300. He may have cut it down a bit, but it was doable. IMHO, the T2 represents the best bang for the buck in an aftermarket fence.

IIRC, the TS350 has a shorter table than a standard full size saw....22"d vs 27", but I did read about someone who successfully installed a T2 on a similar TS300. He may have cut it down a bit, but it was doable. IMHO, the T2 represents the best bang for the buck in an aftermarket fence.

Couldnt agree more!