anyone guys use recycled timber material before?

gantenancung

I don't have an issue with reclaimed wood, I'm just not a fan of the rustic look.  If you have a good market for it and are making money, good on you.  I was outside pulling nails from reclaimed wood today, if I can't get the look I want, off to the neighbors fire pit.  

I'm a woodworker not a lumber salvage yard.So I keep my eye out for reclaimed woods that I like to work with Fir is my favorite .

I really don't care for rustic furniture that's too easy to toss out every two years.

Here's one of my tables from Fir.

image.thumb.jpeg.7820361e4901670aed6fe8d811a69e92.jpeg

not all the rustic is easy to toss but depend on your kind of wood yo. I suggest to made out of reclaimed teak wood . it has beatiful texture after using rustic .

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I don't have an issue with reclaimed wood, I'm just not a fan of the rustic look.  If you have a good market for it and are making money, good on you.  I was outside pulling nails from reclaimed wood today, if I can't get the look I want, off to the neighbors fire pit.  

most of market's demand is in my localy country but I have clients importer also . we have different kinds of reclaimed wood . so the the way is different

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the people here do not have much interest in building the types of things you are producing.  The projects most people here are interested in is building fine furniture, cabinets, boxes, toys, and other projects that are considered fine woodworking or wood art.

Someone else already said that if they were given the pile of lumber in the picture they would sort it and only keep the biggest and best pieces, I would do the same.  Even then getting it clean enough to run through the power tools without destroying blades would be a formidable challenge  

If I were to use any of that wood you would never know it was reclaimed unless I told you.

Right now there is a demand for the style you are producing so if you get satisfaction from building this type of stuff keep on slapping it together and selling it.

Good luck to you.

I`m currently using reclaimed wood for some projects. A small play area for kids in the garden  and some garden builds (so nothing fancy). My timber comes mostly from old pallets with some construction wood mixed in (mostly formwork wood). The impact of these on blades (especially jointer/planer) and amount of work involved (concrete, stones, nails to remove, inspection of every single piece) made me decide, that after I`m through with this batch I will not touch anything like this anymore.

IF I get some nice old barn/house wood I might think about it but just for my personal benefit and training. For business - not a chance - time invested in sorting/cleaning this material does not make economical sense for me.

• 9 months later...
Most of the people here do not have much interest in building the types of things you are producing.  The projects most people here are interested in is building fine furniture, cabinets, boxes, toys, and other projects that are considered fine woodworking or wood art.
Someone else already said that if they were given the pile of lumber in the picture they would sort it and only keep the biggest and best pieces, I would do the same.  Even then getting it clean enough to run through the power tools without destroying blades would be a formidable challenge  
If I were to use any of that wood you would never know it was reclaimed unless I told you.
Right now there is a demand for the style you are producing so if you get satisfaction from building this type of stuff keep on slapping it together and selling it.
Good luck to you.

most of my clients nowadays is my country. i do export also. I got crazy of mind. i dont know why I love this kind of wood. I just look for the beautiful teksture colors. most of my client is from Interior cafe resto and restaurants.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

1. As mentioned, test for lead paint.
2. Avoid pallet wood.  SWMBO wanted to do some projects but I nixed the idea when a retired truck driver called attention to various and sundry things spilled on pallets.

3. Good luck.  I'm also not a rustic person but let us see what you come up with.