Marketplace - for sale location?

Crashcup

I'm new to the forums here, so I may be missing something, but I'm thinking it would be really nice to filter the MarketPlace posts down to the ones nearby.
Is there already a way to do this?
If not, would it be unreasonable to ask posters to include their state abbreviation, and city (if they live in or near a major metro area) in the title?
"MN - Minneapolis - 20" Binford 6100 Jointer for sale"

All good points.  In reality, if a seller wants to sell something and doesn't list those needed facts, then they have more work to do.  One would think it's common knowledge to list those items especially if the sale is local pick up only.  I think it's more about educating the group.

8 hours ago, TIODS said:

All good points.  In reality, if a seller wants to sell something and doesn't list those needed facts, then they have more work to do.  One would think it's common knowledge to list those items especially if the sale is local pick up only.  I think it's more about educating the group.

Er Uh what, mister Custer WA? :D  I know, you aren't selling anything and have better/more important things to do than change your profile address! I too agree with OP. 

I agree that if you’re selling something you want to include your location so that people know if it’s reasonable to even look at it. The price on the title would be nice too. When I sell things on the forum it’s usually something like:

Original mortise pal Jig, Southern California, $100, shipped to lower 48.

However I am in Network Geek and have been told more than once that I’m a little “over specific“. 

Willingness to ship makes some of that irrelevant. My planer came in a crate from the east coast through this marketplace. Local pick up may have been cheaper, I don’t recall. Just a thought. Maybe a pinned post with some suggested thread title shorthand is in order?