difalkner

Super trivet

Thanks, Bryan and Coop!

Cutting time was about 16 minutes but I didn't push it.  If I had a lot of these to do, which might happen after I post it on our Etsy shop page, I could cut it to 12 minutes or so.

David

Nice, David! Aside from what you mentioned in the video about the V bit, have you tried pocketing out the interior areas rather than using an offset? I've found that those smallish parts that break loose can sometimes snap a bit.

I can't wait to get Carl's S2 up and running. Nate used it to film the proximity switch retrofit video and somehow the belts and drives didn't make it back in the crate. They're supposed to be here Monday. We've been twiddling our thumbs for 3 weeks a while now.<_<

Thanks, Mick!  Yes, thought about that and I do that sometimes.  This was more a mistaken measurement on my part, though.  I told Fusion 360 the part was 0.80" thick and then I surfaced it to 0.790", so the little thin section that usually holds these in place was cut all the way through.  But on small pockets like the ones that became projectiles I should do an adaptive clearing instead of contour - you are absolutely correct.  That would eliminate the opportunity to break a bit.

Stay on Nate.  He's a good guy, builds a great product, and means well but 'quick response' is not his middle name.

David

3 hours ago, difalkner said:

Stay on Nate.  He's a good guy, builds a great product, and means well but 'quick response' is not his middle name.

We feel the same way. Fortunately Carl is more patient than I am and sees the long term benefit of staying positive.