Precision Framing Square

ben_r_

LINK

Yea I love this one. I jumped on the 26" last time the brought this back. Opted for the version without the wooden case to save some money and space as I feel those wooden holders they sell with their tools waste too much space. Also as with all Woodpeckers OTTs, the best deal always seems to be from Carbide Processors using the 10% off code "creekers" and getting free shipping.

This square is GREAT for squaring a guide rail to a work piece. Thats what I use it mostly for. Its also very popular for squaring up the MFT as shown in Woodpecker's picture.

How are those of you that own one liking and using it?

main-PSQ-1-550.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have this as well and I love it, but I can't use it without being scared of dropping it... Because the $$$ it cost is still on my mind every time I take it off the wall.  As y'all said, though, there were not many other options for a reliable square of that size.

I use it to square up the miter gauge on the TS, the blade at the miter saw, my tracksaw guide rail, and to check the accuracy of all my smaller squares too. 

4 hours ago, Mick S said:

$269.99 for the 26" square with case, $229.99 for just the square, so $40.00 for the case. Or buy the case for both 26" and 18" for $29.99.  Huh? 

Like I said in my OP, it can be had for quite a bit cheaper than that from other sellers.

That Chappell square looks like what I would have if I was framing houses, especially with complex stick built roofs. I got a stainless framing square years ago but it didn't have the accuracy I was looking for. It was better than the crap available in a home center. 

• 7 months later...

Saw that too. Thats good as the 26" is a wonderful square to have. Looks like price went up on it a bit. I think I paid around $160 for mine though without the "case". That was after a coupon code and another discount I combined, both of which no longer available sadly, but still IIRC they were a few bucks cheaper. At least you can get them now I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    luanaroly
    Newest Member
    luanaroly