Mitre Saw from Amazon?

PatJoy

Hi guys,

Found this mitre saw (and blades) seems like a really good deal for my first saw. Any opinions on if its a good deal and buying tools from Amazon? (I should note that I live in Canada)

https://www.amazon.ca/Compound-DW3106P5-60-Tooth-Crosscutting-32-Tooth/dp/B071VSTHW8/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1532525453&sr=8-2-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=dewalt+dw713+stand

I started with that model and upgraded to the slider a few years back. I have only good things to say about Dewalt tools. Check the basic angles with a known protractor/angle gauge. If your get a lot of use out there is always a chance to upgrade the blade. Does this model have the light that shows your cut line? The slider has that feature and it is useful. When I upgraded, I got a decent price selling my original unit.

I have the same saw or one super similar and really like mine but have nothing to compare it to. But, unlike others on here I don’t use it very often and don’t have a dedicated miter saw bench setup. If I had it to do over again, I would still buy the same.