Re-purpose Workbench drawers as Bandsaw Stand

gee-dub

36 minutes ago, SawDustB said:

Looking good! I'm pretty sure those casters are the same ones I just bought for my flip top stand. How do you like that band saw?

Thanks.  Once upon a time Woodcraft and Peachtree sold a very similar caster.  I picked up a few sets at "the Woodworking Shows" back when they used to come to the left coast.  These happen to be Peachtree's but, I have Woodcraft's on my outfeed table and one or the other on my flip top which has since gone to live at dad's.  The flip top casters have had an active life since 2006 and are still going strong.

The bandsaw is still new to me.  It is a replacement for my 1970's Delta which could be a fine saw with a little TLC (bearings).  A pending commission and a sale at Acme Tools made picking up the Rikon make sense.  It has performed like a champ and is pretty much everything the reviews say that it is.  With a quality blade it cuts better than small saws with more HP that I have run.  Somehow everything seems to have come together on this one BUT, it is still just a 10" saw.  Used within its abilities its a peach.

I've got a few sets of those casters from Peachtree. Go with the 4" wheel if possible, they roll over obstacles much easier I think. They still have them for sale on their website. They frequently have free shipping offers . I like the lock that stops the wheel and swivel with one lever. I often lock 2 or 3 wheels without having to bend , crawl or run around to the back and the machine stays put nicely. 

Cart looks great. I like the idea of the mounting blocks to lift the top up. I'll have to remember that. Seems like a great way to add some height but not have to remake the whole thing.

Part of me wants a small bandsaw like this so i can have one for ripping and one for curve work. My 14" saw would work for the curve stuff but it seems like over kill. Also i don't want to buy a bigger saw and have to move that in my shop.