Sculptured Lectern/Music Stand

Bmac

Spanky, why not provide the salts to the walnut trees not near cows?

Bmac, Magnificent work. You should have front row seats for a long time. Now if you do the other 5, your spiritual legacy would last as long as the church stands! Certainly enormous praise from fellow members...Your gift is far better than money...Well done. I will enjoy seeing the maple pieces...What wood will the other 5 be made of?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, curlyoak said:

Spanky, why not provide the salts to the walnut trees not near cows?

It takes years for that to happened. The cows eat the salt lay in the shade in the summer months under the trees. They get up what’s the first thing they do pee. If you want to kill a tree buy you 25 pounds of salt pour it around the base of the tree. 

18 hours ago, curlyoak said:

Bmac, Magnificent work. You should have front row seats for a long time. Now if you do the other 5, your spiritual legacy would last as long as the church stands! Certainly enormous praise from fellow members...Your gift is far better than money...Well done. I will enjoy seeing the maple pieces...What wood will the other 5 be made of?

Thanks for the compliment. You crack me up, you got me building all 8 tomorrow. I think I need to take a break from these pieces once I'm done with the next two, they are kicking my butt. I'll come back to these and do more in the future.

4 hours ago, Bmac said:

You crack me up, you got me building all 8 tomorrow.

It was intended to be humorous. How about a pledge to the church to build the rest. It wouldn't be right if another woodworker finished the job. I would think the next 5 would be a little easier now that you have done 3...

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Those look great! Any idea how much they weigh?

They have some weight to them, and the maple stands are heavier that the walnut. I'm not great at estimating weights, but I'd say 12-15 pds. Does that sound reasonable?

• Like 1