makita cordless jig saw

treesner

anyone have the makita cordless jig saw. does it blow the dust out of the way where you're cutting? I'm considering switching to makita (I like their cordless router and track saw). But would really like to find a jig saw that blows the dust out of the way so you can see where you're cutting. I forget what jig saw I used that had this feature, maybe a chorded dewalt 

I'm interested in this as well - I've made a pretty significant investment in other Makita cordless tools.  I've had a Ryobi jig saw for years, and I HATE it - hard to see, the base is flimsy, and the dust control sucks (or doesn't suck enough...).  Definitely want to go cordless, but haven't heard too many reviews on jigsaws. 

1 hour ago, Robert Morse said:

I'm interested in this as well - I've made a pretty significant investment in other Makita cordless tools.  I've had a Ryobi jig saw for years, and I HATE it - hard to see, the base is flimsy, and the dust control sucks (or doesn't suck enough...).  Definitely want to go cordless, but haven't heard too many reviews on jigsaws. 

love the cordless. so theres a couple of models (even though they look almost the same) it appears the XVJ02Z is advertised d as having a built in blower and looks like it sort of works in their videos (blows maybe 1/2" in front of the blade, better than nothing. 

however I've kind of gotten used to the lower grip style of my Milwaukee  opposed tot he older D style. curious if anyone likes one over the other. the non D handle makita does not have a trigger though just a on off which looks like a main in the ass to use. 

Im interested in this topic as well.  Have owned two corded Bosches.  One I loved, one I hated.  The one I loved just gave up the ghost and it leaves me wondering what to put some money into.  The one I hated was the older style where you have to twist a lever on the top of the saw to change the blade.  I'm a Milwaukee M18 user so I'm naturally attracted to cordless M18 saws of which they have three I believe in the current line up.  I'm torn on starting a Festool collection and this would be my first.  I rationalize the purchase this way "As long as I'm willing to spend this much, why not buy Festool for a bit more?"  I wouldn't mind buying the latest corded Bosch either.  Anyone have the Milwaukee cordless?  Thoughts?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tobykanobe said:

Im interested in this topic as well.  Have owned two corded Bosches.  One I loved, one I hated.  The one I loved just gave up the ghost and it leaves me wondering what to put some money into.  The one I hated was the older style where you have to twist a lever on the top of the saw to change the blade.  I'm a Milwaukee M18 user so I'm naturally attracted to cordless M18 saws of which they have three I believe in the current line up.  I'm torn on starting a Festool collection and this would be my first.  I rationalize the purchase this way "As long as I'm willing to spend this much, why not buy Festool for a bit more?"  I wouldn't mind buying the latest corded Bosch either.  Anyone have the Milwaukee cordless?  Thoughts?  Thanks!

someone confirmed that that the festool  carvex does blow the dust away from the cut line. however in prior research to jig saws I feel like a lot of people were saying that the jig saw line in particular isn't as great of an innovative  value as their other tools 

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-tools-accessories/jig-saw-blower/

My Milwaukee m12 jig saw does not blow dust out of the way and the base sometimes comes loose while cutting however I do like the handle on it being lower. Not sure about the M18 line 

• 2 months later...