Clearing the air

Ronn W

So wife wanted a jewelry hanging cabinet and she bought the spray paint.  She's out of town.  I started to spray the primer, stopped and went out a bought a proper mask.  Finished the fast dry primer and put the first finish coat on.  The mask worked great but even with my 2 small exhaust fans in the basement the rest of the house had fumes.  So a took the dogs to the park for a couple of hours and, coming in from outside, the odor was still pretty strong.  The wife comes home tonight so I have the bathroom fans and the stove hood fan going full blast and the front door partially open.  It's 20 degress outside and the furnace is working overtime.  The dogs are staring at the front door like visitors are coming and I am typing this because I don't want to go into the shop yet.  I won't spray paint again in the winter.  Just clearing the air.

1 hour ago, Minnesota Steve said:

The problem with spray paint is half the paint ends up in the air.   I once tried painting something in the garage with a can of red spray paint, and when I was done the entire garage floor was red, the walls were red, the ceiling was red...

Did you get any paint where it belonged"

• Haha 2

Well, she came home and told me that smell was mostly gone, but we agreed that I should install the hanging hooks (all 90 of them) and put it ont he wall.  Then, if another coat was needed we will wait for warm weather.  I did not stop to explain that I was not looking forward to the possiblity of unscrewing and re-screwing 90 hooks.  " OK, dear."

• Haha 1