Which table saw to buy?

jbmektx

• 9 months later...

Mark, I just read your review along with this one https://heavy.com/home/cabinet-table-saws/ and curious what you think of the Baileigh table saw.  I know in 2019 they were bought by JPW who also makes Powermatic so not sure if they come out of the same factory.  Still trying to understand why Powermatic is quite a bit more for the same HP saw.  I’ve had a Powermatic saw before and had no issues but can’t seem to find much feedback on Baileigh.  

Saws that I am reviewing:

Baileigh TS-1248P-52

POWERMATIC PM25350K

17 hours ago, cxcarl said:

Mark, I just read your review along with this one https://heavy.com/home/cabinet-table-saws/ and curious what you think of the Baileigh table saw.  I know in 2019 they were bought by JPW who also makes Powermatic so not sure if they come out of the same factory.  Still trying to understand why Powermatic is quite a bit more for the same HP saw.  I’ve had a Powermatic saw before and had no issues but can’t seem to find much feedback on Baileigh.  

Saws that I am reviewing:

Baileigh TS-1248P-52

POWERMATIC PM25350K

Coming out of the same factory doesn't mean much. Quality control can vary huge between company and company and will make the difference between getting a great saw or a dud. This is assuming they are using all the same parts, which they probably aren't. I'd bet the powermatic has more expensive bearings and tighter tolerances. It also probably has a more expensive motor. Finally the Powermatic PM2000 has an internal mobile base that the Baileigh doesn't have.