Drawer Slides

Chestnut

13 hours ago, BonPacific said:

Oh, that stuff definitely accumulates on the outside, but when was the last time you saw someone wash their runners?

I was making a joke. I agree the grime in a kitchen is the large reason why BB slides are probably better. That said I do have some hardwood on hardwood drawers in a trash cabinet in my kitchen and they are operating flawlessly after 5 years. I'll come back in 25 years and let you know if they still are working fine.... :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unless the kv 8400 has a precision fitting drawer there is risk to loosing bearings. I recently visited a 30 year old installation that I installed the 8400. They are working just as good as thew day I installed them. The one that was under the sink had a roll out for garbage. Due to water and soap exposure the slides were rough. It was an easy replacement. I have no reason to stop using the slides. Square cabinets are important.

• Like 1

Loosing a ball or 2 isn't that big of a deal imo. It's better than the garbage slides that are in out current 30 year old cabinets. The rollers have no way of being fixed or replaced and it's just plastic on a metal pin. All of the drawers are hard to slide in and out and replacing the slides is a gigantic PITA.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...