Heating cooling

BillyJack

Probably varies greatly based on unit. I had a top of the line Furnace and AC installed for $13,000 April of 2020. If your just doing AC cost will likely be half that? I probably could have spent 8k had i gone with a cheap unit, but I'm gonna be in this house for ever so i figured i might as well get top of the line and hope that it lasts longer. Spending the extra is nice on the electric bills we had 2 solid weeks of 100 degree heat and the AC consumed probably 35-40% less juice than the old unit of the same size.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mark J said:

Another advantage to the very high efficiency AC units is that they are very quiet, which is nice if they are located any where near where you want to be outside.

If it wasn't for the slight breeze I'd never know mine is running even while standing next to the unit. I can't remember if i could hear the old unit inside the house.

• Like 1

I have a former hvac guy that still does it on the side. At the same time I think I'm gonna have him put a new hot heater in.  A return will be added with the new system. 

Considering the house is 21 years old and I'm 55, a new furnace and not water heater would be a good investment at this time...