Outdoor Teak Wood Furniture

WGR

I have a teak bench that has been on my covered patio for at least 15 years. A couple of years after we received it as a gift, it turned gray and we left it that way. I enjoy not having to refinish it every couple of years. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped using teak oil for outside furniture years ago. It takes too much work. I use teak guard instead. It's easy to apply, it provides a very nice golden tone and doesn't turn black like teak oil. You can apply just 2-3 coats and enjoy the result.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Cabot Australian Timber Oil on teak, but in most states now, you have to use their 'modified' oil product, which does not last.  Earlier this year, I could order on amazon the original oil version on amazon, but now based on the shipping address, they block access to the original oil product.  In some states, you could get the 5 gallons, but not the 1 gallon. My challenges, a dozen chairs, a few side tables, 2 main tables, rocking chairs...all finished with the original version and now they must be stripped to 'convert' to water based product.....luckily I have a few gallons which should last me a few years.