Windows - Andersen and Pella

Jfitz

Hey all - wondering if anyone has experience or thoughts on the various Andersen models (400, 400/Woodwright, A-series) and/or Pella (Architectural or Reserve lines).

Andersen is appealing for some reasons, Pella for others.  Lead times are an issue across the board though.

Those were the two brands that I used when I was building new houses from 1974 to 2007.   I wouldn't put one over the other.  Pick the design you like the best.  I don't remember the different ones.  I believe the 400 is the standard double hung variety, of which I used Many of.  We even have some of both in our house.  The Pella casements have never given us a single problem, nor have the Anderson double hung.

• Like 1

Our house was built in 1994 with Andersen throughout. They still look great and operate flawlessly. No idea what line they are but I have the construction drawings and a big pile of documents and photos from when the previous owners built the house that will probably say. 

• Like 1