I hope this gets resolved

Ronn W

We are having our 30 year old garage floor coated with a poly-urea coating with flakes in it.  The guy doing the work  is careful and particular.  I am impressed with his work so far.  Floor has been ground, cracks and spalling have been patched and he started to put the coating down just as I came home from some errands last night.  He informed me that something was wrong with the 2 part mix.  That it was setting up so fast that he could not spread it and broadcast the flakes fast enough.  He is not new to this product and has not had this problem before.  He will be contacting his supplier to figure out what the problem is.  Hope this gets worked out.  AAARRGH!

• Sad 4

I think it's been hotter up there recently than most are used to.

The first time I ever used West Systems epoxy was in the early 1980's.  It was a very hot Summer day.  I mixed up a quart batch outside, all at one time.  Before I could even get it mixed thoroughly, it foamed all up in a steaming mass. 

Years later, when I had a boat business, the building got a way oversized AC system.  I could cool it down to 65 to do fiberglass work, and turn it back up with I had finished.  That helped a lot.

I think you can read about how heat effects epoxy setting, but until you get first hand experience, you don't really know.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I think it's been hotter up there recently than most are used to.

The first time I ever used West Systems epoxy was in the early 1980's.  It was a very hot Summer day.  I mixed up a quart batch outside, all at one time.  Before I could even get it mixed thoroughly, it foamed all up in a steaming mass. 

Years later, when I had a boat business, the building got a way oversized AC system.  I could cool it down to 65 to do fiberglass work, and turn it back up with I had finished.  That helped a lot.

I think you can read about how heat effects epoxy setting, but until you get first hand experience, you don't really know.

Yes, runaway epoxy is no joke at all.