Free Baseball Bats for Citi Field Kids

Hmm, kids in a crowd with bats.  Reminds me of that failed combination promotional idea; Souvenir Bat and Nickle Beer Day :D

Seriously though.  Great effort and sure to make a lot of kids day as well as provide story lore for years to come.

Oh, and I'm right there with you on The Natural being one of the best movies ever . . . and I don't even follow sports.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 4:03 PM, Mark J said:

Will the kids be allowed into the stadium with a full size bat?  Or are you planning the give away for on the way out?

No they will not be able to bring them in to the ballpark.  I will be handing them out in the parking lot before and after the game.  When I was a kid, in the 60's there was Bat Day each year at Shea Stadium when kids under 12 got free full size Louisville Sluggers.  I hit my first Little League home run with a Gregg Goosen model bat from Bat Day.  I also have seven kids sized leather gloves to give away as well.  To me there is nothing better than baseball.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:30 PM, Bmac said:

I love the idea, I love baseball and I love Roy Hobbs! Great movie for sure, absolutely one of the best baseball movies ever! Bats look great.

Hope it is a success!!!

Glenn Close is my favorite actress, and as a heterosexual man, how can you not like Robert Redford?

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:48 PM, joe mendel said:

Glenn Close is my favorite actress, and as a heterosexual man, how can you not like Robert Redford?

Agree, and he looks like a baseball player in the movie, something you don't often see. He has a pretty nice swing and it's clear he's played the game. 

The only other actor that plays a better baseball player is Kevin Costner, best baseball actor out there.

On 7/6/2022 at 6:12 AM, Bmac said:

Agree, and he looks like a baseball player in the movie, something you don't often see. He has a pretty nice swing and it's clear he's played the game. 

The only other actor that plays a better baseball player is Kevin Costner, best baseball actor out there.

Robert Redford did play baseball in college and had been offered a contract to play minor league ball.

• Like 1

I’ve never really understood sports fandom, but it’s a cool idea and I’m sure the kids will love it.

As a kid I did get to tour the Louisville Slugger factory and that was pretty cool. They gave us some souvenir mini bats (maybe 8” or 10”?) and even that brought a lot of fun hitting things around the yard.