Nova Voyager Drill Press

JohnG

It's gone up slightly since I bought mine, now at $1,999 most places. Just remember, it's still a bargain compared to Powermatic drill presses!  They also have the benchtop version, the Viking, for $1,199.

I ordered mine 2-3 months before I got it, and had expected to wait longer. There was someone on the waiting list ahead of me that had ordered 8mo before.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnG said:

A hoist or other assistance is strongly recommended for lifting the power head onto the column.

John, can you give a little more detail how you managed this?  I found that power head was not only heavy, but had no attachment points for a hoist. 

As I recall I ended up putting mine together on the floor with the column horizontal, then hoisting the whole thing upright (still with difficulty).

On 7/19/2022 at 10:00 AM, Mark J said:

John, can you give a little more detail how you managed this?  I found that power head was not only heavy, but had no attachment points for a hoist. 

As I recall I ended up putting mine together on the floor with the column horizontal, then hoisting the whole thing upright (still with difficulty).

I should have assembled it on the floor and the tipped it up.  I hefted the powerhead onto my stool, then got under it and did a goblet squat to partial overhead press. Luckily I’m taller so I didn’t have to lift it much past the goblet squat to reach the top of the column.

Hoisting it would probably require a couple straps and someone to keep it balanced/guide it up.