Porter cable 332-333

BillyJack

I've been keeping an eye out for a used Dewalt at the pawn shops. I noticed alot of shops I use to 2ork at have started using them. My daughter has one, I had one quit the other day and still don't know why and I only have the one left. The used ones are selling for the new orifice 20 years ago. 

On 10/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, Tom King said:

It doesn't seem like any of them last like they used to.  I started using the Mirka pad protectors on everything, and it seems like even just one of them lasts longer, and holds a disk better than a replacement pad.

I did the same and agree. 

The base bolted to the sander won't wear out while you are using one.  I don't know if it's because the thickness of the protector has some give to it, but the edges of disks don't wear out as fast, and the edge of the protector doesn't wear out as fast as the one on the sander.  I've not had to replace a single sander base pad since I've been using them, and there are still more in the package than I've used for either size.

They cost about 5 bucks a piece, and when it finally does wear out, you just rip it off, and put on another one.