Odd Part, Any Guess?

Mark J

I decided to take a few minutes and reorganize the cabinet in my router table.  I found this pair of aluminum bars inside and have no recollection what they belong to, or what they are for.  Anyone have any ideas?

20221115_163049.thumb.jpg.50ee821d941cf146214e93cfca78786b.jpg

20221115_163046.thumb.jpg.77cac2da1a1f9f5aa147ecc04bd2963a.jpg

They're each 14.5" long and 1/4 x 5/16.  Aluminum. The only marking is "0815".

I have a Porter Cable router motor, but no base, so this isn't likely a router accessory.   I have an Incra lift, with a Bench Dog table and fence, but I can't see any relationship.  After that, I've got bits and feather boards stored in the cabinet.  I gotta believe this has something to do with router/routing or it wouldn't have been stored there.  Any guess?

On 11/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, curlyoak said:

I have a piece of aluminum that looks like what I use when I am setting up the fence and I want to move the fence so the ball bearing guide does not touch the aluminum or straight edge. I want it as close as possible without touching.

Sorry, I'm not following that.  Any chance of a quick picture?

I believe it is a part to the fence. My Jessem has a piece like that. Sometimes when using the fence with a ball bearing guide on the bit I do not want the guide to interfere with the fence. So I have a piece of aluminum bar I use to see if the guide is clear. If the guide is outside the fence then at the end of the run it would be like a snipe on a planer. With fence only no problem. The aluminum straight edge shows me that it is fence only.

• Thanks 1