Table saw space

BillyJack

I’m trying not to use drawers. On those Delta saws , they have a door on the right side of the machine for clean out and I have a router in the right side for dados., over the years I slide cabinet door stick under there, but since I’m not buying a lot of cabinet lumbe4 , I don’t use that space anymore,

Ive got some heavy duty  drawer slides Trying  to come up wit( some value for the space

• BillyJack changed the title to Table saw space

Maybe a small stack of locking parts trays on a caster base.  I use tackle boxes since I use smaller amounts of more different fasteners. Maybe something akin to this . . .

NewTackleBoxCubbies(3).jpg.59b121d7fb48f478d3c8253367f14e56.jpg

NewTackleBoxCubbies(4).jpg.db9982cd07584c4d6289a41675e87e4c.jpg

. . . on wheels that could slide out, let you take or replace one of several parts boxes, and slide back?

On 8/4/2023 at 9:46 AM, legenddc said:

I have some of the Harbor Freight organizers for screws. I think I bought them on sale for $6-7. I like being able to remove a bin and put the lid back on the rest of the box. I have some tackle boxes too like gee-dub for smaller parts.

I was-buying the Milwaukee and Dewalt organizers they were $22-$25. Now they are $40 bucks. I need to look at the HF ones, but I try not to collect screws anymore. I only keepmspecialty hardware now and have two hardware stores 5 minutes away.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 9:04 AM, gee-dub said:

Maybe a small stack of locking parts trays on a caster base.  I use tackle boxes since I use smaller amounts of more different fasteners. Maybe something akin to this . . .

NewTackleBoxCubbies(3).jpg.59b121d7fb48f478d3c8253367f14e56.jpg

NewTackleBoxCubbies(4).jpg.db9982cd07584c4d6289a41675e87e4c.jpg

. . . on wheels that could slide out, let you take or replace one of several parts boxes, and slide back?

I was going to put one under the RAS , but it didn’t hold enough and the table saw I’m considering. Want to get tye: off the floor and occupy the table saw dead space.

20230804_100241.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve gotta come up with some kind of DC for the table saw router. I use this router only for dados in cabinets. In the  early days I didn’t care about tye saw dust and would just bend over and sweep it up. These days bending over for every little thing is a job within itself. I’m going to pick up an extra sheet of 3/4 when I pick some up for the storage cabinet. Just gotta get my hands on more 4” hose for DC..