Summer Apron

gee-dub

On 8/4/2023 at 10:19 PM, gee-dub said:

I love my Veritas apron and have now become addicted to it. I became rapidly frustrated in not having it on due to the heat. I am spoiled by having a few key items right at hand no matter where I am in the shop. I gave this one a try . . .

Question about the Veritas apron: does stuff in the upper pockets stay put when you bend over to pick something up?

I have a Rockler apron (old version I don't see on their site currently) and that is one of my two big gripes: no matter how much I try to snug stuff down, inevitably something falls out of the chest pockets when I bend over. 

My other gripe is that the Rockler apron has doubled pockets (one on top of the other) and I spend a fair amount of time having to fish both pockets to find things.

41 minutes ago, Von said:

My other gripe is that the Rockler apron has doubled pockets (one on top of the other) and I spend a fair amount of time having to fish both pockets to find things.

If you don't need both pockets, I supose you could stitch or glue one closed.  Doesn't help the bend over problem, though.

• Like 1

For years I wore a leather framers tool pouches for installation and in the commercial shop, but as soon as I started working in my personal shop ai stopped and won’t again.,I’ve got multiples od square, tapes, etc from working and my personal shop , I just scatter them around tye shop and never have to look

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 4:46 AM, Von said:

Question about the Veritas apron: does stuff in the upper pockets stay put when you bend over to pick something up?

I keep a couple of pencils in the tall narrow one.  A 4" double square in the center one, and a chalk holder / chalk in the horizontal one.  Everything seems to stay put.  I forget what I was trying to keep in the center chest pocket when I first got it but whatever it was it would fall out.  The 4" double square stays in fine.  I don't find the short vertical chest position very useful.  I tried putting a magnet in it to hang on to random items but it never really worked out for me.  They show a 6" rule in it in the catalog but I found that to be dangerous :D

• Haha 1