Incra Miter 1000 SE

I have a Incra Miter 1000 SE setup in the Incra miter express sled and it works well.

The other day I wanted to make some mitered cuts and that involved in moving the fence so it didn't contact the saw blade, easy enough to do.......but now I have to reset the fence back to zero for any crosscuts 

Am I missing something here or is this how it is ?    I have played around with the thing to see if I can just leave the fence in one position and just adjust the thing from any angle I want back to 90 without having to go through the setup process each time

I don't have an auxiliary fence on it, maybe that's the answer ?

I'm stumped

I don’t have the Incra fence or the sled but from looking at pics online, it should be just a matter of adjusting the fence back to 0 or 90* and sliding the fence back closer to the blade. An auxiliary sacrificial fence is nice to have to give your cut a zero clearance backing but is not a necessity. By not having the Incra setup, I’m sure I’m missing something here. 

I don’t use the tape on my Incra miter gauge. It came used with the saw I bought and the tape slides back and forth. 

I also use the miter gauge with and without the Incra Miter Express which shifts the whole thing over further making the tape useless. 

I do as Mark J does for the miter gauge and sleds.  Tapes and cursors on these things have never really been reliable enough for me. I have a 24" steel rule that hangs right by the tablesaw for this.  I do use a DRO for the TS fence though. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:39 PM, oldman_pottering said:

would you use it without the sled for larger pieces ?

As I typed that I was wondering the same thing. I will take it off for thicker wood cross cuts if I have a blade stiffener on. Or when I have the dado blade installed. 

• Like 1