how do u guys store your finishes

CJC5151

Hey guys I just built a spray booth in my garage. Heated and well ventilated. I was sick of heating an entire uninsulated garage every time I wanted to finish something. My shop is offsite and I wanted a spray booth at home. So I was trying to figure out the safest way to store finishes in the booth is actually a 12x7 roominsulated and I will heat it with an electric heater. I would like to store my finishes in the room but I don't want to burn down the garage obviously. So how do u safely store Ur finishes

I use a metal cabinet from Sam's Club. I figure it has to be at least a little bit better than something made of a flammable material. Although someday I'm hoping to find one of these bad boys at a liquidation: http://www.amazon.com/Justrite-899000-Sure-Grip-EX-Flammable/dp/B000Z51PL8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331160783&sr=8-2

if you work in a cold space to keep your finishes from freezing rather then put a heater in the area with a posible spark a old machinest told me to take milk jugs paint them black fill with water and a drop or 2 of bleech and they will absorb considerable heat from the shop/house ect.... you then put them in the bottom of cabinet and they should keep the space warm enough to last the night.

My shop is offsite and I wanted a spray booth at home.

Im doing the opposite and am moving my finishing offsite. Last week we bought the hasmat container in the photo for $385 from the Army auction. Something to think about, there are industrial and military auction houses all over the US. Mine is 5ft deep by 10 ft wide came with a dead water operated furnace. Im just going to install a plywood floor over the containment floor with radiant heat.

Don

rmac, sorry to waste your time, but i always check before i post. I searched fireproof cabinet and only got some 2 hits and neither were what i was looking for

No problem! Sometimes I have trouble with the search function on this forum, but I just happened to get lucky in this case by searching for the word "fireproof" by itself.

-- Russ