Hi I'm Marc Spagnuolo!

Welcome to Wood Talk Online! This thread is for new folks and veterans to say hello and introduce themselves to the forum. I guess I'll go first.

My name is Marc Spagnuolo. I am a scientist turned woodworker turned podcaster. I make woodworking videos for a living and I wouldn't have it any other way. Check out my site at TheWoodWhisperer.com.

I am what I consider to be a "hybrid woodworker", using power tools for the grunt work and hand tools for the fine finessing. I love woodworking of all kinds, but I tend to fall on the more modern side of the spectrum. My most recent love is for Greene & Greene and that influence seems to find its way into nearly all of my projects these days. That about sums it up. Who's next?

• Like 1

Hello MARK,

I just found your website just a few days ago and haven't been able to pull myself away from it.

Thanks for doing this.

I'm fairly new to wood working and i have progressed myself to a decent hobbiest.

Thanks for all of the info and training videos.

Whats great about your videos is that you show alternate methods for lets say milling if you don't have a joiner.

I'm on video 20 with lots to go.

Talk to you soon.

Don

Welcome to Wood Talk Online! This thread is for new folks and veterans to say hello and introduce themselves to the forum. I guess I'll go first.

My name is Marc Spagnuolo. I am a scientist turned woodworker turned podcaster. I make woodworking videos for a living and I wouldn't have it any other way. Check out my site at TheWoodWhisperer.com.

I am what I consider to be a "hybrid woodworker", using power tools for the grunt work and hand tools for the fine finessing. I love woodworking of all kinds, but I tend to fall on the more modern side of the spectrum. My most recent love is for Greene & Greene and that influence seems to find its way into nearly all of my projects these days. That about sums it up. Who's next?

Whisper what? :lol: Seriously, if you don't know who Marc is, treat yourself to the site's videos. He and his wife Nicole are some of the best people you'll ever meet. Really great folks. She's MUCH nicer than him, but he's OK as long as she knocks him up side the head once in awhile.

Ah, ha! Another from Chandler.... yo! Sac! I think we have as many in Chandler alone as all of Wisconsin! :lol:

Welcome! I'm over by Chandler Blvd and Rural. How 'bout you?

You guys are about one member away from getting your own forum...

I worked primarily in molecular biology. I wound up working for a products-based company so all of my "R&D" work was in implementing and developing new kits for numerous techniques. Not the most gratifying work. I think that's when I started to lose my affection for the field.