Video Tour Of Tumblewood Shop

Vic

Vic ... one of these days I will bug you about dust collection and filters. My festool stuff is perfect but my Metabo planer and lttle Bosch table saw are terrible. These two guys create a lot of bad dust.

Nice to be able to store your plywood and hardwood inside your great workspace. I am going to store my wood outside the shop in a sort of outside closet which will be perfectly dry but ... I dont't have fourty acres in Redondo Beach ... lol

I just moved my tablesaw and am in the process of building the outfeed/assembly/bending/router table. I'll need to pull a new outlet for the bandsaw, as well as dust collection for that and a boom arm that will cover ops on this station and another gate for the new router table.

(null)

A really nice shop Vic. One of these days when I Grow-Up I want to have a shop like that. For now, I will have to continue to use my basement. I should attach a picture of my shop!! You would have nightmares if you hate dust. I have just nick named my shop....."Sawdust". Some days, you can not even tell if I have dirt floor or concrete. I really do hate the dust, which is why I have started buying Festool tools, but my router (Bosch) and table saw (Rigid) really do throw out the dust. I was just looking at the Oneida 3hp last night on the web.

What made you decide on the Metal over PVC or flexable hose for your dust collection?

Jeff

Metal was just easier to assemble, especially in the crawl space, and easier to get the proper turns and Ys. I do have flex at each tool, but too much flex restricts airflow. I think metal has a slightly better airflow over PVC, too. I was spewing dust this week, as I rebuilt my tablesaw's off cut table. I had to use the tablesaw without the overarm blade guard. It was nasty!

(null)