First Turning Challenge Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Please Vote for One item for the first Turning Challenge

• Bowl
    • Platter
    • LIdded Box
    • A Pair of Candlesticks
    • A Mallet

Here's my completed bowl for someone. Don't know if it against the rules by posting a pic ( I did PM Roger btw ) but I'm doing it anyway, haha. It is a 7" diameter, 1/4" wall thickness, 3" tall walnut bowl with a little character. I'm ready to submit to the drawing..... Let's get it on turners!

post-3737-0-88299900-1349140936_thumb.jp

Here's my completed bowl for someone. Don't know if it against the rules by posting a pic ( I did PM Roger btw ) but I'm doing it anyway, haha. It is a 7" diameter, 1/4" wall thickness, 3" tall walnut bowl with a little character. I'm ready to submit to the drawing..... Let's get it on turners!

looks good tim cant wait to see everyones. mine is very small only a few inches across but i put alot of time in geting it just right.

Here is mine. It is 4" diameter, 3" tall, birch.

looks nice good first bowl.

try glueing a another peice across the top of a some wood and when you turn it it will have a rim. so you can put cherry or walnut or something on the top. realy easy segmented bowl and it looks nice. fancy it up with little extra work just make shure your faces are flat or else you will have a gap and a possible catch or tearout.

I'm that guy. I have some cedar blanks that I'm going to attempt to turn into natural edge bowls when I get home tomorrow morning. They'll either be terrible triumphs or glorious failures, we shall see. Can't believe I let the time slip away, there was always something cropping up that had to be done first. Wish me luck.

for shame tex i was looking forward to seeing your bowl tisk tisk

It kinda exploded. So much for my first natural edge bowl. I suspect it was the nature of the cedar I was using that doomed it. but I liked the grain. Looks like I need more practice. :)

8063497720_5631c315bd_z.jpg

8063496629_84940fd40e_z.jpg

Ok, done and submitted took a weekend to turn and 4 days to take a picture!

Online pictures are here. http://hollywoodswoodcrafts.com/sample-page/gallery/past-projects

The photos showed where I didn't get the end grain sheared very well. Looks better in room light than flash.

ash bowl. 6" wide and ~3" tall. Should have been taller but I blew out the foot due to a catch and had to return the foot.