First Turning Challenge Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Please Vote for One item for the first Turning Challenge

• Bowl
    • Platter
    • LIdded Box
    • A Pair of Candlesticks
    • A Mallet

Ok all you turning fanatics. Here we go. The poll tally comes up for a bowl. So here are the parameters for this challenge. Make a bowl out of anything that you want. The maximum diameter is 8". This will need to be a piece that you have turned specifically for the Turning Challenge. You may decorate or adorn your bowl any way you see fit, or simply leave it plain. I do ask that each finished piece be signed with your Real Name, and Date. As a piece just isnt finished until its signed. Try your hardest, maybe try something that you have not done before, but most of all, have fun with it. No other rules. Just 8" diameter max and sign the finished piece. Send me a PM thru TWW when you get your piece ready. I will also need a pic or 2 of your finished piece for a Challenge Gallery. You have until October 7th to complete your piece. Have fun, good turning and be safe.

Roger

Anyone that still wants to participate can join in. Unfortunately, you wont get to vote on the project, but the more people the merrier. Either shoot me a PM or post a reply onto this thread, and I will add you to the participants list.

Roger

dont know about anyone else but i finished my bowl i glued it up last night and spent all day turning it......steped it up a notch and made a segmented bowl. (first ever this complicated)

cant wait to see what everyone else decided on. and anyone that is draging there butt please dont decide to not make something. the more we get involved the better. and challenge yourselves please makes it more inturesting

roger photos are coming just going to finaly build a light box to take some better quality photos then my past ones. oh and i also got a buffer just for this.....na wanted one for a while just the excuse to buy one. wow is that one heck of a shine think ill go shave in my reflextion.

Thanks for the pep talk, Duck. I made a little bowl, but since it is the first one I ever made I feel a need to keep it, so I am working on a second one. Since I am a beginner, making any sort of bowl with a pleasing shape in nice wood is stepping it up as this whole challenge is a step up for me!