Financing with Rockler or Woodcraft?

pghmyn

Other than the PayPal "Bill Me Later" option on the websites, do either of these companies have a program to finance a purchase?

I want to purchase a Laguna Fusion table saw (or similar level saw) for my next project (if my client approves of the work). This project will not pay for the whole saw, but a good portion of it. So, I would like to have some time to pay off the saw between this project and the next.

If it's not possible, I guess I will have to bite the bullet and pay it off right away, but I would like a payment plan :)

You could always apply for a credit card that offers no payments/no interest for a year. They are readily available and you can then buy the saw and pay off the credit card over the next year

That is a good idea. I just got the Chase Freedom card, but it doesn't hurt to get another one just for that special offer.

I spoke with some people from woodcraft early this year about financing options and they said there were none other than bill me later. They did say individual stores may offer something but the two local to me do not. I would doubt that any of them will. A zero percent credit card is probably your easiest option. If you can't get one with a high enough limit you could get two separate ones but that can get you into some trouble if you're not careful. If you have a checking account you could try for a personal loan at your bank. I guess most of it depends on how good your credit is.

If not a credit card or a bank, community credit unions may be another good option. I've financed Apple computers in the past with a very low 3-4% APR rate, versus Apple's own financing plan at the time (27%). I'm not sure what kind of loan this would fall under though...home improvement?

But as with anything, they may take a look at the amount of debt you already have and approve you or turn you down based on that.

I don't think they do no payments and no interest anymore. It is just no interest. I believe that is a federal law now.

You could always apply for a credit card that offers no payments/no interest for a year. They are readily available and you can then buy the saw and pay off the credit card over the next year