Suppliers

dwacker

After some conversations with some of the pro's here and hearing some of the pricing folks talk about I thought it would be nice to have a thread. If you have a favorite supplier that gives real wholesale discounts along with good service let everyone know.

Ill start with Hardware Distributors Ltd. They do have a web site, you will need an account to access pricing meaning you must be a legit business. They offer open accounts or you can card on file.

Shipping is always fast and pricing is much better than most every supplier in the US. You wont find toys gimos and gadgets they cater to cabinet makers. For part timers and hobby folks there sister is woodworkers supply.

Don

Another one is just a product but none the less opens a market for the cabinet guy. Ive done very well with these. They are a hinge for hidden doors called invisidoor from CSHardware. Quite expensive retail but call and try to negociate a better price. These hidden doors open up a market for walk in pantry doors, walk in closets or just hiddden doors. Great to sell remodel contractors that work on older homes, so many have that stupid bathroom door right in the middle of the living room. If you do any commercial they work well in a retail enviroment to hide offices or survaliance camera rooms.

Don

Great idea for a thread; now I know why woodworkers supply is so low key but has great prices and hardware!

Yup most of us buy slides 500 at a time or hinges in boxes of 1000 they dont need the retail.

Here is another for that pain in the a$% job you just dont want or have time to mess with or that time you just cant bring yourself to bring particle board into your shop. Again you will have to be a legit shop or contractor. Cab Parts makes affordable precut cabinet boxs prebored ready for you to put together either with glue or glue and confirmat. They will bore to true 32, blum system 32 and others. They are a good source if you must have PB boxes, they can do them cheaper and better than any small cabinet shop.

Don

For small time guys like me who don't go through a ton of hardware you may want to hook up with a local custom cabinet guy. I've been getting most of my cabinet doors and just started getting my hardware through my local guy and even with his markup I can get slides and hinges for half of what places like rockler charge. And the best part is he has a cabinet full of hardware so I don't have to wait for the mailman.

Thanks, Don. Good tips. Most of you guys seem to like to go to Rockler for some stuff. It may interest you to know that they have two catalogues. One is retail and the other is for the pros.

You have to be careful with Rockler Pro sometimes the hardware is expensive on the regular site and the pro discount is not enough to match retail at most other places. For example a 26375 slide is $40 retail $32 pro $24 retail elsewhere $16 wholesale $12 wholesale with quantity.

I dont remember what their requirements are to access the pro site.

Don

Good thread Don... I purchase most of my stuff through Wurth Baer Supply Company. They have a web site and are really expensive unless you work with a rep on the pricing. shipping is fast and normally has a flat rate of $10.00. They are mainly a cabinet maker and top shop supplier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

After some conversations with some of the pro's here and hearing some of the pricing folks talk about I thought it would be nice to have a thread. If you have a favorite supplier that gives real wholesale discounts along with good service let everyone know.

Ill start with Hardware Distributors Ltd. They do have a web site, you will need an account to access pricing meaning you must be a legit business. They offer open accounts or you can card on file.

Shipping is always fast and pricing is much better than most every supplier in the US. You wont find toys gimos and gadgets they cater to cabinet makers. For part timers and hobby folks there sister is woodworkers supply.

Don

Just out of curiosity, what do you pay for a lift of 3/4 pine ply?

-Jason