Mobile base

trz

For my cabinet saw. Larger wheels roll over giblets and 1/4 metal does not flex. Funny thing...I can easily move the saw around but it never moves during a cut.

Care to share any details on that build? Wheel size, swivel/non swivel? Lockdown device?

Great looking MB. TWood.

1/4 x 2 x 2 angle iron for the base. I just made it 1" bigger on the inside than the cabinet saw foot print.  The outriggers are 1/4 x 4" flat bar and the castors are 4" and all swivel.  I chose the larger wheels not for the weight they will handle; but the size - they roll over wood giblets easier. I figured how large the outrigger had to be for the wheel to swivel and still not hit the base and basically doubled that length.  I heated and bent the outriggers to 90 degrees and then welded the castor base to the outriggers. Then I set the main square base on a piece of 1/2" plywood because I wanted it to end up 1/2" off of the floor when the saw is placed in it.  Then put the outriggers with the attached wheels against the base with the wheels sitting on the table and welded the outrigger to the base.  Doing it like this, it takes into account any small differences between the outriggers.  I made the locks by welding a acme thread nut to a piece of tubing which acts as a spacer.  The locks are unnecessary in my case - I don't even use them.  The cabinet saw has enough weight to stay in place when leaning against the saw or cutting something.   Cut a piece of 3/4" Ply for the interior and you're done. I painted it gold and red because the Incra fence system on the saw is gold and has red trim and the Grizzly cabinet saw has green and gold trim.  No flexing, no bolting together, made specifically for your saw.  Price - about $30 for everything.  One of the best things I've bought for my shop is the Lincoln 180 wire welder and a torch and set of tanks.  I'm like many of you, I have to save the nickels and buy in stages but I don't regret a bit of it.  I can make anything out of metal that I need for the shop.  The local welding shop will sell you flat bar or angle iron and a stick of it here and there is not expensive.  You may say "I can't weld", but if you can squirt a consistent line of toothpaste on the toothbrush, you can weld 1/4 metal strong and neat enough for anything you'll want to do in your woodworking shop. Guaranteed.