Cutting boards... Is Christmas over yet?

Tom Cancelleri

Looks great!  Needs a stripe tho  ;)

Very nice work!

I thought about doing a maple stripe, but I really don't have to time to get all these things done. I omitted doing an inlay of my Initial in the lower right corner. However it would seem I'm getting a wood burning brand for my birthday next week. Woohoo! Won't be ready in time though

Just finished the machine work on my first 2 cutting boards. Decided to stick with edge grain, as I have no drum sander. Glad I did, especially after you mentioned 30 passes!

Looking good there, T!

Thanks. You could always use a belt sander with 100 grit, and not go too crazy with the sanding, then finish with a ROS

Question on the stripes... how thin are they?  Was picking up some wood in preparation for an actual project and saw some pre-cut strips and consider using them instead of cutting my own...

Depends on what you're looking for in the end result..  When I'm doing the 3 pieces for the stripe, I shoot for about 1/8".

Question on the stripes... how thin are they?  Was picking up some wood in preparation for an actual project and saw some pre-cut strips and consider using them instead of cutting my own...

When putting a contrasting wood strip in, the thickness must be thin enough that you can bend it to your curve If it's straight, that doesn't matter at all. As long as it's wide enough to accommodate the thickness of the board.