Dust deputy deluxe - any good?

Oneida have a UK distributor now and I'm about to click the button to order one. My shop vac, like most non green ones, gets clogged with dust and loses suction so I thought the cyclone may be a good addition.

Is the deluxe one any good?

The "deluxe" comes with a 10 gal can.....yes?

Cant speak about the 10 gal can and airflow, but I have the Dust Deputy mounted on a 5 gal plastic pail. For the hobby woodworker a 10 gal can is overkill in my opinion.

Works great on a 5 gal pail and never looked back. Its a wonderful thing, buy it!

-Ace-

Just a side note.....it wont collect fine sanding dust, may get some, but most still gets to the filter. 

The deluxe gets you 2 5 gal pails, casters, hose & various fittings needed to connect it to your vacuum. I went for it because by the time you add the cost of all those pieces, the deluxe is not a bad deal.  It's performance far exceeded my expectations.  Ace is right about the very fine dust (like MDF), although my experience is that it still gets well over half of it.

For dust from sawing, planing & jointing, it probably catches well over 95%.

I received the dust deputy deluxe today and fitted it to my shop vac tonight. I even treated the vac to a new filter. I can now use the shop vac on the OSS which has a 2 1/4" port and it works supremely well. Never been able to do that before! Power tool dust extraction is fantastic my ROS was even pulled down to the workpiece. Fortunately the vac hose has an integral adjustable air bleed valve to prevent too much vacuum forming.

I fitted the DD permanently to the shopvac using all the included bolts, castors and flex hose and it works as described. Only a tiny amount of solids reached the shop vac the rest went into the DD pail.

Awesome. Well recommended to anybody considering buying one.

• Like 2

==>Only a tiny amount of solids reached the shop vac

I fitted some small fish-net mesh (I actually cut the bottom from a small hobby fish tank net) over the cyclone outlet port that runs to the vac... The reason: if the cyclone gets overloaded (say you're using the big FT router), it overflows and all the big chips go directly to the vac and fill the bag -- happens quickly and before you know it, bag full... I did this about two or three years ago, hasn't failed since...