Jessem ts Stock guides

shaneymack

How so? Cant you lower the wheels to touch the table? Wouldnt that allow you to use them with very thin stock?

Should have said "narrow" rather than "thin", sorry..  Yes, you can lower to handle thin stock but, you can't get them close enough to the fence for narrow stock.

Should have said "narrow" rather than "thin", sorry.. Yes, you can lower to handle thin stock but, you can't get them close enough to the fence for narrow stock.

Ahh. I gotcha. Looks like it would be good for up to 1/2"? I wilk call jessem tomorrow and find out.

Meh. They seem like they'd get in the way more than anything. If you have trouble keeping stock against your fence, you have alignment issues. I don't really understand any need.

Dont be such a negative nancy. Didnt you watch the video? They told me i will have better cuts and be a better human being for owning them.... Or something like that. Atleast thats how i sold it to the wife.....

==>you have alignment issues

or stock issues and should be ripping with a bandsaw.... or technique issues... Don't get me wrong, I love safety items... I store them really carefully.... I removed the blade guard from my tablesaw and it's been carefully been stored for about eight years...

==>you have alignment issues

or stock issues and should be ripping with a bandsaw.... or technique issues... Don't get me wrong, I love safety items... I store them really carefully.... I removed the blade guard from my tablesaw and it's been carefully been stored for about eight years...

Hahaha! I love it.

Should have said "narrow" rather than "thin", sorry..  Yes, you can lower to handle thin stock but, you can't get them close enough to the fence for narrow stock.

I just called Jessem. I asked about the ability to cut narrow stock and they said it is a non issue due to the fact that you can advance the front wheel and back up the rear wheel so that the wheels never get in the way between the fence and the blade. So thin stock and narrow stock not an issue! Guess im one step closer to owning them. For what its worth they are a Canadian company and manufacturing is here in Canada as well. That makes me want to support them knowing my money isn't going to China. Rare nowadays.....

• Like 1

I just called Jessem. I asked about the ability to cut narrow stock and they said it is a non issue due to the fact that you can advance the front wheel and back up the rear wheel so that the wheels never get in the way between the fence and the blade. So thin stock and narrow stock not an issue! Guess im one step closer to owning them. For what its worth they are a Canadian company and manufacturing is here in Canada as well. That makes me want to support them knowing my money isn't going to China. Rare nowadays.....

Just curious how you also get your push stick in there?

I love Canadians and Canadian companies and JessEm in particular...I have several of their products and they're all 5 stars.  But I'm sticking to my guns on this one...you're wasting your money, Shane.  It's a gimmick and totally unnecessary.  If you're having trouble keeping stock against the fence, you need to look into why instead of trying to force it over harder and harder.  If you're NOT having trouble keeping stock against the fence, I just have to ask...why buy this then?

I love Canadians and Canadian companies and JessEm in particular...I have several of their products and they're all 5 stars. But I'm sticking to my guns on this one...you're wasting your money, Shane. It's a gimmick and totally unnecessary. If you're having trouble keeping stock against the fence, you need to look into why instead of trying to force it over harder and harder. If you're NOT having trouble keeping stock against the fence, I just have to ask...why buy this then?

I definitely have never had an "issue" keeping stock to the fence. I do however sometimes use a feather board. This would replace that. I also like the idea of the downward pressure for doing dadoes. I also think it would be good when cutting sheet goods and you are far from the cut. Do you never use any form of feather board on the table saw? Board buddies?

I do agree that it could be of some use when cutting dadoes...that is if they apply enough downward pressure to have an effect.  I'll concede that point.  But in almost every other scenario I feel like it would just get in the way.  All the time.

I have a single Grip-Tite handy whenever I feel the need to use it...which isn't often.  Otherwise it's just me, my hands and the fence.  I try not to fix things that aren't broken. :)

I do agree that it could be of some use when cutting dadoes...that is if they apply enough downward pressure to have an effect. I'll concede that point. But in almost every other scenario I feel like it would just get in the way. All the time.

I have a single Grip-Tite handy whenever I feel the need to use it...which isn't often. Otherwise it's just me, my hands and the fence. I try not to fix things that aren't broken. :)

I get your point. Im a sucker for gadgets. Practical gadgets that is.

There are sooo many woodworking gimmicks that can bleed your wallet dry in a heartbeat. I love Lee Valley, but I every time I go in there I see a thousand gadgets that would make things so much better. Until I think about it for a minute.

Keeping it simple is something my eldest daughter preaches to me & I'm converted.

PS: Canadians hardly ever lie, but if we do we're very polite about it.

• Like 2

I have these. I wouldn't say they are 100% necessary, but they are nice to have. It basically replaces feather boards, and I like these guides better. They are incredibly well made. My only complaint is that they don't grip -really- hard -you can force a board sideways with some sideways pressure. I have not personally tried ripping really long stock with them, but that's where I am hoping they will pay off. Really long stock can get a bit unruly especially right when you start feeding it, so I am hoping these help.