table saw, router table combo

watash

new to woodworking. Just bought a shop full of tools. I have a power matic 66 table saw. i also have a router table. i was wondering , has any one combined the two? I measured the space to the right of the saw between the frame for the fence and the router table will fit in there if I turn it 90 degrees. This would mean I would be standing on the back side of table saw next to my drop table. It just seems like it would serve several purposes. Any thoughts would be helpful?

For years I had a "Norm" style router table, then I picked up a drum sander and did not have room for both.  Moved the router to my table saw.  It was ok but I did not like having to change setups all the time.  One of the first things I did when I moved into my new shop was reclaim my table saw.  As a space saver the extension works, but for my work flow, I really did not like the setup.

I use a router table extension wing on my TS, but rather than replace the right-hand cast iron wing, I slid the fence rails to the right, creating space for the router wing. My router is mounted to a drop-in plate, rather than a lift, so if there is ever a need to move the saw fence across without disturbing the router setup, I can just lift it out. I work in a garage, which I also park cars it, so space and mobility are very important to me.

Thanks guys for the response, i have been out in my shop rethinking things today. i guess it will be trial and error in some cases , like 6 months down the road i see where moving something to a different spot makes things work better. Bet thats happened to a lot of guys. After my post this morning i wondered why i said the front of router table would be toward back of ts when rotating it 90 degrees the other way puts it in front. (duh), and also puts vacuum ports to back of each. This router table has the anodized top and my thinking is to put it on same plane as ts top so fence can move over it with ease. Most of the tools i have are mobil so if something needs  to move out of way should be easy enough. o well don't want to talk it to death but at least i might be making some new friends!