air filter

watash

I have a chance to buy a air filter. i was told they were around $350. I was searching web just browsing and ran across a home made one. It was a box fan lying down pointed to ceiling with a filter rack attached to back side of fan. Im thinking 30 bucks for a fan , a little wood to build a frame and bam same thing. Has anybody else got ideas on that?

A home made air cleaner is on my list of shop projects.  I found an inexpensive attic fan that I'm going to use.

[ edit: by "attic fan" I meant a whole house fan.  I forget the CFM claim, but it was impressive. ]

I installed a 36in whole house fan in my shop wall years ago and it will move some dust, etc out of the shop ..Is it the size you speak about...Its big.

Mine isn't that big - about one foot diameter.  I think it was 1600 CFM.

I know just the one you're talking about... ;)...I think  I still have  the air cleaner I made with  it years ago..It worked fine and lots better than nothing...I like what I have now but the furnace fan was free...I like that..