Used hand tools in the Phoenix Area

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...anyone know if there are any cool used tool places in the Phoenix area?

I will be visiting this weekend and I'm looking to supplement my hand tool collection. I'm from El Paso and it feels like my options for new OR used tools is extremely limited here. I'm not yet confident enough to purchase anything online since I'm so new at this and would like to hold something in my hand before I buy it... If anyone is from the El Paso area I'd be interested in that as well...

Thanks in advance, 

- Benito 

Lol, if it only it were that easy! 

I'll see if I can hit up a couple of pawn shops while I'm here (today is about soccer only though!). 

I was thinking more of those mythical flea markets full of old tools in good condition people post about. Where or how does on find that? Lay an ear on the ground and listen for the trampling hand planes and vintage hand saws?

I'm always travelling around and I'd like to start checking out the local woodworking presence of where I go.

- Benito

43 minutes ago, d0n_Benit0 said:

Lol, if it only it were that easy! 

I'll see if I can hit up a couple of pawn shops while I'm here (today is about soccer only though!). 

I was thinking more of those mythical flea markets full of old tools in good condition people post about. Where or how does on find that? Lay an ear on the ground and listen for the trampling hand planes and vintage hand saws?

I'm always travelling around and I'd like to start checking out the local woodworking presence of where I go.

- Benito

Do the local craigslist for flea markets, before you get where you're going!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, d0n_Benit0 said:

I was thinking more of those mythical flea markets full of old tools in good condition people post about.

Well you're kind of on the right track. In the Phoenix area pawn shops,you'll find a thousand guns up to 50 BMG, most likely a few sets of lightly used dentures and beat the hell up half stolen construction tools.

10 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Well you're kind of on the right track. In the Phoenix area pawn shops,you'll find a thousand guns up to 50 BMG, most likely a few sets of lightly used dentures and beat the hell up half stolen constriction tools.

Hahaha, sounds promising...