Design Ideas

Slick218

Well, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but this is the 'design' area so...

Does anyone look at furniture/ websites for design ideas?

I browse tons of online stores/diy websites for items which are similar to what I want to build.

If an idea pops into my head i immediately hop online and check out similar items either fro sale or pieces people have built.

I am mostly interested in dimensions.  If there is a project or item listed for sale it usually is accompanied by dimensions which I then use as a baseline and begin drawing up my plans in AutoCAD.

Do any other members frequent either websites which offer free woodworking plans or maybe an online store with cool furniture?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I started to use pinterest. I thought it was a girly thing for shoes and outfits, But found a bunch of artist friends using it for concept ideas..  What I like is you can just save the item to a board you make so then you don't have a ton of bookmarks..  here is the link to workshop ideas one i found.. 

http://www.pinterest.com/todaysplans/garage-workshop-ideas/