Carving out some time (ha ha)...

Eric.

Hey Don...there's another Spagnuolo original on the free site...a smaller sitting bench/step stool.  It's an easier and faster build if you're wanting to make multiples for several kids...and it has a stretcher so everyone can just take a deep breath and relax. :)

http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/sitting-bench-step-stool-pt-1/?category_name=marcs-projects

Hey Don...there's another Spagnuolo original on the free site...a smaller sitting bench/step stool.  It's an easier and faster build if you're wanting to make multiples for several kids...and it has a stretcher so everyone can just take a deep breath and relax. :)

http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/sitting-bench-step-stool-pt-1/?category_name=marcs-projects

The wife likes the originals so thats what she gets. If they dont hold up oh well. Ill probably just do a couple in walnut or maple. Its Marks design so I'll pay up to get the plans but I have no intension of doing any of the sculpting work by hand or with grinders except sanding so I think they will be a quick build. We will see in a few weeks after my newest grand baby is born.

The wife likes the originals so thats what she get. If they dont hold up oh well. Ill probably just do a couple in walnut or maple. Its Marks design so I'll pay up to get the plans but I have no intension of doing any of the sculpting work by hand except sanding so I think they will be a quick build. We will see in a few weeks after my newest grand baby is born.

Git'r done :)

How about a some pictures during the build from you?

The curve across the the width is like a butt cheek on a chair. I'm thinking table saw at first glance.

Now that you mention it, I saw this in a video. I believe it was the guy from the philadelphia furniture school making a carved seat with a jig on the table saw.

Eric, when this is finished you will have a place to out your crack!

It is finished...did you miss it?  It's funny...another guy from that same group of idiots I call friends...the first thing he said was, "I like how you can sit on one end and let your balls dangle over the side.  That's awesome."

Hey, I'm more than just a WOOD nerd, you know!

Oh, I'm a gigantic nerd, too, and I love science.  But that one guy I can't stand...the real flamboyant one, kind of the main character I guess?  I can't like him.  He's not capable of making me laugh. :)

• Like 1